Saturday, January 24, 2009

Adjusting to a new routine

So, mothers day out was great. Alea was there from 9am to 1pm. Wren and I were even able to have breakfast together (he was off for the holiday) which never happens and I completed several tasks that I had planned for the day. When 1pm rolled around, I walked in to get her and she didn't seem to want to leave. In fact, she started handing me the toys in her hand and asked me to sit down. I am glad it seemed to go well, however, dropping her off to be watched during my women's Bible study the next morning WASN'T so great (again, it was a first). I'm guessing that because of the change in her routine the day before, staying for 4 hours with ladies and children she didn't know, probably compounded the issue. She screamed almost the entire Bible study. I had to go check on her a couple of times which I hate to do because leaving her again, I'm sure, made it worse. I couldn't concentrate and it was killing me to sit there and listen to her making so much fuss. It seemed like the longest two hours I've had in a long time. Despite my better judgment we got up the next morning (Wed) and proceeded to her library reading time and I was pleasantly surprised by her good behavior. I did, however, notice that she didn't want to walk away from me. She usually goes to get her own books and toys but that day she wanted me to go with her. She didn't leave my side the whole time. The rest of the week has been challenging. I think that the change in her routine probably affected her more than I realized it would. She's been more tired than usual (which I expected), more cranky and more needy. I'm sure it will take some time for all of us to adjust to the new schedule but, in the end, I think it will be a good thing.

The Bible study was great and I am finally starting to meet some new friends and mothers. Even though this last week was challenging I am seeing positive things coming from it. Alea has been invited to play with her friend Vincent at his house this next week and I am going to hang out with his mom and chat. Hopefully we'll all stay well in order to press on. We are going to a church party this weekend and look forward to socializing with more friends. Alea will be staying with her Nama and Dapa so we can have some distraction free time.

I'm Still working on getting new pictures uploaded. I Hope to get it done today.

No comments: