Sunday, March 29, 2009

Raising parents is hard work

We are now getting scolded by our 19 month old daughter. Alea is just plain bossy sometimes. She tells lily, our shih-tzu, what to do and now she's moved on to us. I am consistantly scolded when I don't sing the right song to her at night and it goes something like this...

Me: Twinkle twinkle lit....

Alea: Momma!

Me: What baby?

Alea: Bee bee bee?

Me: The wheels on the bus go.....

Alea: Momma!.....Mom! (yes, she calls me mom)

Me continued: ....round and round, rou.....

Alea: Momma sop! bee bee bee?

Me: The horn on the bus goes beep beep beep

Alea: bee bee bee, bee bee bee : )


Wren told me that when he was with her the other day she scolded him for sitting on the couch without paying attention to her. She wanted him to participate in something she was doing with her toys and when he didn't respond the way she wanted she got on to him.
She said, while waving her finger at him......"daddy, get dow, one two free, get dow". Later that evening Wren asked me if I ever counted to her in order to get her to stop doing something. I haven't and couldn't figure out where she would've gotten it from until I remembered her cousin McKinley getting counted to on several occasions over the weekend. She must have over heard her Aunt Natalie scolding her cousin. She doesn't miss anything. We're challenged, once again, by how to wrangle her spirit without breaking it in the process. She's got quite a little personality.

No comments: