To kick things off, Stone bridge will be starting a parents day out program on Thursday Nov. 12th for ages 2-4. It's been exciting to be a part of the process. There are still many things to complete before the first day, getting the toys selected, the donated toys washed and sanitized, the room organized and murals finished. A Cat in the hat theme was chosen for the preschool rooms so I'm painting some of the Dr. Seuss characters on the walls and helping to decorate. Alea has enjoyed playing on and with the new toys. The challenge now is helping her to understand that they don't belong to her and that she'll have to share them with the kids in her class. It's amazing how strong those raw selfish tendencies are. In teaching her not to be selfish, I am reminded to think more of others.
Alea is growing up so fast. She speaks so much more clearly and can communicate in full (sometimes complicated) sentences. Wren and I are surprised every day by something new she says. She started her parents day out again and actually likes going now. Last year was hard because she would cry every time I took her to school. Now she says "I go to school and play with my friends?". I am so happy that she enjoys it now and that she has sweet teachers who really care about the benefits of the program.
I am enjoying the creativity in the planning of the new school here in town. Painting the murals and helping to organize. I am also a member of a book club and went to my first meeting recently. I am also driving to Tulsa on Tuesday mornings again to attend a women's Bible study and have enjoyed taking Alea with me. She plays with a group of kids there and looks forward to going. We talk together about why I go to Bible study and she says "Momma, you going to Bible study?" I say yes and she says "to talk about God?" I say yes again and she says "God made the the sun, and stars and trees, and puppies and grass and mommy and daddy and me..." etc. It is so precious.
I realized that I haven't taken many pictures lately and don't have any to update everyone with but I plan to take some of Alea in her Halloween costume and the murals when they are finished. I did, however, upload some pictures of the cakes I've made over the last year. Until then...
No comments:
Post a Comment