Alea has become a little artist. Wren downloaded an art application onto his Ipad and Alea loves it. When we go visit family she wants to be the one to demonstrate how the Ipad works. Wren downloaded several child friendly apps. that she likes as well as some children's books which have become part of her bedtime routine as of late. We are officially in tornado season here in OK. It is the time of year that our regularly scheduled programming is interrupted to bring us the latest hail storm, tornado warning and whatever else they seem to think is important at the time. I know I should be grateful to have the weather reports but it's just annoying. When the reports about possible bad weather go on and on for what seems like hours, I start getting impatient. I think it's blather but Wren always argues the point of "it's good if it saves even just one life". What do I have to worry about? Okmulgee never gets hit with tornadoes anyway. The Native American population seems to think that Okmulgee is protected by some ancient something or other. I guess I shouldn't get too comfortable. We are either really lucky or really due.
Oklahoma city just got pounded with golf ball (and larger) sized hail this last weekend. I saw some footage on Youtube and it did some crazy damage knocking windows out of many home and car windows. Wren, Alea, both Grandma's, Uncle Wayne, Aunt Sue, Grandma Hawthorne's friend Jim and I spend about 30-45 minutes in the storm shelter in Choctaw during the whole event. Alea loved it and got lots of attention. I guess bad weather can bring families together even if it is inside a 5 x 6 hole in the ground.
No comments:
Post a Comment