Sunday, May 10, 2009
Any suggestions are welcome!
Okay. I have to vent!! My daughter has decided that she doesn't want to take her naps or go to sleep at night. Until now, she has been the model child for putting herself to sleep, but all of the sudden as of 4 days ago, she won't go to sleep on her own. She just cries in her bed until someone comes in to lay down with her. It's very frustrating to take, what seems like, steps backwards in her bedtime habits. I'm hoping that it's just a phase but my mom and dad tell me that I refused my naps from 2 years old. I'm not ready for her to skip her naps, especially since she IS only 20 months old and still very much in need of them. Refusing naps, however, is the lesser of the two issues. She is also, as I mentioned, refusing to go to sleep at bedtime too. By the time we get her to sleep at night she only gets about 10 hours of sleep and from what I understand she still needs at least 12-14 in a 24 hour period. Not to mention, Wren and I are losing sleep as well. We're considering taking her crib out of her room and replacing it with a normal bed with a guard rail. At least we'll be able to lay down next to her until she's asleep and then sneak out. It's not the way I would choose to do things, but we're still trying to figure this whole parenting thing out. Something tells me that we may be in for a long education. So, the point I'm really getting at is, if anyone has any comments on this or any suggestions that we may consider, we'd love to hear 'em.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Right there with you...Brendan stopped napping at 27 months. If he got even a 15 minute nap, he wouldn't go to bed until 11pm so it was Mommy's choice to nix the nap.
Just keep at it. I read a book called Solve your child's sleep problems by Richard Ferber that helped us. It's probably just a phase - I feel like I am always in one phase or another with the kids. You'll get through it!
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment