Friday, October 3, 2008

Alea's find

The weather these past few days has been wonderful.  Alea and I have been enjoying the outdoors for longer periods of time now that the temperatures are cooler.  It's amazing how little time you want to spend outside when it's so hot and muggy.  Alea and I were seperately exploring the back yard today when I looked up and saw her standing at the base of our big tree.  She seemed to be concentrating very hard on something.  I walked over to see what she was doing and she stood up, turned around, and handed me a tree frog.  Now this might upset some mothers but I was brought up to appreciate nature in all forms including frogs, snakes, horned toads, spiders, etc. (my mom used to give me empty butter containers and I would fill them with grass and collect spiders and bugs to play with).  I was so excited about Alea's find and am amazed that she even saw it at all.  My only concern with her holding it was that she would squish it so I took it from her and let her touch it while it was in my hands.  She loved it.   Afterwards we placed the frog back on the tree and watched it hop to the top.  It was really fun to share this moment with my daughter and I'm glad I had my camera. 


No comments: