Monday, October 27, 2008

It's cold but we're lovin' it

The temperatures have been fairly cool these past few days and it's been wonderful.  This past weekend our church had a community outreach event in Bixby.  It was a beautiful fall day and the planning committee went all out.  They had inflatable bouncers, face painting, games, balloon sculpting, tractor rides, live music, and B-B-Q.  Alea enjoyed every minute of being outside.  Upon Alea's request (pointed saying "ba?") we waited in line for a balloon hat which unfortunately popped 5 minutes after she put it on.  Thankfully she wasn't that attached to it.  We took her on the tractor ride around the park and she sat incredibly still watching everyone she passed by.  Her favorite part was walking around by the band and dancing to the great music.  I'm convinced that she will be musical in some way.  She mimics notes we sing and can bounce and sway to the beat.  I've been told you either have it or you don't, and she has it!  On the other hand, I do believe that every child can learn to sing on pitch and learn rhythm, it just comes more naturally to some than others.  I am currently looking for a music program that Alea and I can participate in together and am looking forward to seeing her abilities develop.  
This week we are going to the annual Parkview trunk or treat and Alea and Lily are going as ladybugs.  I've already taken some really cute pictures of her and Lil in their costumes but I'm not going to post them until after the event.  It's adorable.  Wren, Crystal and I are also gearing up to join some friends in Massachusetts for their 9th annual "creature double feature" (via video conferencing) on Saturday.  We once hosted it in the loft of our 100 year old carriage house back in Mass.  It was freezing cold that night but we had so much fun.  It won't be the same as physically being their but at least we'll be able to say hello to all of our old friends and join in as best we can.  
I posted some photos of our afternoon at Washington Irving Park in our photos link and here is a short video of Alea dancing.  She is so cute!!

No comments: