
I never realized how much I would enjoy being a father. Saturday was one of those
idyllic days that you would like to replay over and over-- not in order to improve upon it (like in Groundhog day) but to just savour the memories. Yes,
Alea had her meltdowns (mostly around nap time) but I wouldn't change a thing about the day. The most enjoyable part was our walk around the
peninsula. It was just
Alea and me without another person in sight. We walked along the beach spreading our toes in the sand. Several times when the wind would blow or a flock of birds would startle,
Alea uttered an
uncontrollable "
Ooooh." Several times she reached up at the clear blue sky, as if she could only reach a few more inches she could touch it. Inevitably toward the end of our walk with
nap time approaching she became fussy. I picked her up and her head quickly found my shoulder. We sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star together as her body relaxed, her breathing slowed, and she enjoyed a nap for the rest of our walk. What a day.
1 comment:
This was such a great post. We loved the way you wrote about being a dad. It's so important to be reminded of the beautiful things about being a parent. thank you for that.
Post a Comment