Thursday, November 20, 2008

She's entertaining as usual

This is for Alea's Mimi.  Last weekend Alea and I drove to visit Wren's parents while he was in Kansas City for a conference.  We stayed two nights and had the privilege on Friday to spend the whole day with Alea's Mimi.  We went shopping at Toys R Us for gift ideas then ate at the Olive Garden for dinner.  On the way back to Mimi's house we stopped at Starbucks where Wren's mom had her very first iced vanilla latte.  Alea (and I) really enjoyed some time with family.  So much, in fact, that Alea has been walking around the house this week looking for Mimi.  Today I heard her in the kitchen calling "Meeeeeemeeeee".  I went to her and told her that Mimi was at her own house and that we would see her for Thanksgiving.  She put her hands out and up by her face as if to ask "huh?" then went right back to calling for her Mimi.  I love it.

In the past few weeks Alea has taken an extra special interest in our shih-tzu Lily.  Alea has always been entertained by Lily but lately she wants to pat, hug, kiss, pull, tug, and sit on Lily all the time.  Lily is so good about it.  99 percent of the time Lily allows Alea to do whatever she wants but the day before yesterday Lily had had enough and snapped at Alea which made her cry.  I checked her all over and didn't even see any teeth marks of any kind so I'm sure it scared Alea more than anything.  I have been teaching Alea to be gentle and always supervise her when she's playing with Lily as I don't want Lily to get hurt either.  It's cute to see her so interested in Lily and I'm glad she's enjoying her.  


No comments: