Monday, June 8, 2009

I want fleas too!

So Jennifer is taking a break from writing, so I am taking over the blog entry for the day. My entry will probably be much shorter...

If you haven't already noticed from Jennifer's stories, Alea is very independent. Her favorite line lately has been "I do it." Natalie if you are reading this I remember you going through this phase too. Oh yeah, I guess you are still in it, aren't ya? :) Also, Alea never wants to be left out of anything. If I am going outside, it's "I go outside too, Daddy." Or if I am going to Walgreens, its "I go Walgreens too, taay?"

During Alea's bedtime routine she will do anything to prolong it. First it is gathering all of the night time gear, the bcee (blanket), Elphie (the stuffed elephant), wader (water), another bcee, and various other things she can think of. Tonight , toward the end of the routine, I mentioned to Jen I was going to Walgreens (wow it seems we spend a lot of time there), and of course Alea chimes in, "I go Walgreens too." After explaining it was her bedtime and she couldn't go, she started another aversion. Then Jen was reading bug fogger instructions (we have noticed ants in the house lately, so I bought a fogger at Walgreens) and mentioned that it kills fleas too.

I want feas too. (Alea)
You want fleas too, Alea? (Daddy)
Ya, I want feas too! (Alea, very determined)

So apparently Alea wants fleas too...

No comments: