Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mini Vacation

Alea and I just returned from a mini vacation with my sister and her family. Sarah, Casey and Cora were house sitting this last week for some friends in Edmond, OK. and invited us to stay with them for a few nights. Unfortunately Wren had to work so he wasn't able to join us and Sarah's husband Casey was busy working on research while they were there and joined us when he needed to take breaks.



The reason I say mini vacation was because the house we stayed at was like a mini resort. Alea and I stayed in the guest room and enjoyed the new deck and lagoon style saline pool. It was very relaxing and out of the everyday which made it that much nicer for us.

Sarah and I felt like kids again in the pool while the girls took their naps. It's amazing how a pool can bring out the silly. I can only imagine what the neighbors would've thought if they could have seen us. Fortunately the back yard was extremely private so the police were not called.

The cousins got along very well considering that they are both the same age and very stubborn. There wasn't too much excitement during play time except for the occasional "mine" argument. Luckily Sarah's friends have kids and lots and lots of toys to keep them occupied.

We put the girls in the pool with us a few times. Cora loved it and even started jumping off the side into Sarah's arms. Alea, on the other had, is going through a water phobia phase. She struggled a bit in the beginning but loosened up after time in the water. She never got completely comfortable but did enough to enjoy her time there.

Thanks Sarah, Casey and Cora for letting us join you this last weekend. We had a wonderful time swimming, eating out, watching movies and just spending time with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Jen I'm so sorry you guys had to endure such poor conditions!!! What a beautiful site!