Friday, June 6, 2008

Poor baby : (

Alea went to the Dr. today and has double ear infections.  I decided to take her because she has had a cold for the last two weeks without any noticeable improvement.  Makes me wonder just how long she's had the ear infections and if she had been giving me any signs of discomfort.   She hasn't been unusually cranky or displaying any behavior out of the ordinary.  She's been continuing to sleep through the night 7:30 to 7:30 and eating normally.  If I hadn't taken her in for her sinuses, would I have known she had an ear infection?  All I know is that something deep down kept telling me to make an appointment.  Luckily her Pediatrician always has appointments available for situations like these so she was seen the same day that I called and I'm glad I got her in before the weekend.  She started an antibiotic and will, hopefully, improve very soon.  Turns out that her cousin Cora also has double ear infections and is taking an antibiotic as well.  If the cousins are going to do everything together, why exclude ear infections?
Aside from all of this, Alea is a very happy little girl and is climbing (or at least trying to) on everything.  We now call her our little monkey much to the dismay of her Grandma Connie who thinks that it will give her a complex.  If anyone wonders where I got my tender heart from, well, there you have it.   My dad is pretty sensitive, too, so I didn't have much of a chance.  

We had some intense weather come through our little town last night and it was a bit scary.  There were several storms in the area which were reported to have produced tornadic activity.  We didn't, however, have any here in Okmulgee but the winds were wild.  They were so wild, in fact, that it woke Wren and Alea up.  We decided to take Alea out of her room, since there are two walls of windows, and put her in the living room with us.  I guess this has been the nations worst tornado season in reported history.  We woke this morning to a back yard full of tree limbs.  Guess what we'll be doing with our free time this weekend?

Last but not least, Wren and I would like you all to be praying with us for our friends Dino and Janice Crognale and their two daughters as they prepare to leave the country to be medical missionaries in Kenya.  They are trying to raise enough support to get them through two years of ministry and will be leaving behind friends, family and jobs in late September of this year.  If you are interested in reading more about this amazing family, please check out their website if you have time.  The Crognale family is in need of support even if it just starts with faithful prayer.  Their website is http://web.mac.com/dcrognale/Kenya_Mission/Welcome.html

No comments: