Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Lily who?

It's that time again.  Lily, our shih-tzu,  has been looking rather shaggy lately and as you all know after the baby came along the dog no longer occupies that role in my life.  The poor thing just doesn't get the attention that she used to and went through a bit of a depression, but seems to be accepting her new place in the family.  Anyway, she has been looking a bit shaggy so yesterday I called the groomer here in town who wasn't able to fit her in before the weekend.  I've taken her to one in Henryetta, about 15 minutes away, so I called that one.  She, also, couldn't fit her in before the weekend but gave me the number of a lady down the street.  I called Cher at Muddy Puppies and she told me to have lily there by 10am the next morning.  Today, Alea and I got up went through our morning routine.  I was feeding her breakfast then realized that it was time to take lily to her appointment.  I also wanted to get there and back so Alea could take her morning nap.  We got in the car and headed on to Henryetta.  We just had some work done on the car so I took this opportunity to concentrate on the car's performance.  The steering wheel  no longer vibrates at high speeds, there is less rattling and with two new front tires, it has a much smoother ride.  All is well!!!  When we started to approach Henryetta, I realized I forgot Lily.   How's that for accepting her new place in the family?  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Jennifer, that sounds all too familiar! Just be thankful you did not forget Alea! Did you get Lily to the groomer in time?
Love, Ellen