Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Alea's first vacation

We have now been on our very first family vacation since Alea was born.  This last weekend we went to Branson, Missouri with Wren's Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother-in-law and our Niece and Nephew.  We rented a 3/3 condo and had a great time.  Alea had lots of fun with her family and the best part was Silver Dollar City where she played in some colored sand, rode a caterpillar ride with her daddy and saw a live Veggie Tales show.  Wren and I were pleasantly surprised to see Alea enjoy the entire half hour show and were entertained by her excitement.  She stood in my lap and jumped up and down, clapped and giggled at the actors and Veggie Tales characters on stage.  It's the one thing I really wish I had a video of.  Alea also had her first funnel cake (2 small bites of daddy's) and had her picture taken with Curious George (that one is for you grandma) She was such a good girl despite skipping her afternoon nap and slept the whole way back to Springfield that afternoon where we stayed the night with her GG (my grandma).  Once again, I think we packed up the entire house in order to be comfortable while we were gone.  We had such a great time, however, I now need a vacation to recover from vacation.  I've posted some pictures in PHOTOS under July 2008. 

No comments: