Alea got her first piece of mail delivered to her today. She was invited, along with her family, to go pumpkin picking with the preschoolers from my parents church. There will be a hay ride, a petting farm, and lots and lots of pumpkins. This is another reason why I love Autumn. I love pumpkin patches and mums and piles of straw. My birthday is in October so I must naturally enjoy this time of year. I am really looking forward to being outside and spending time with Wren and Alea. I'm sure I'll have some fun pumpkin picking pictures (say that 5 times fast) for you very soon.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
She's movin' now
Alea is now running. I'm not sure she's quite ready to run as her coordination isn't there yet. Most of the time she ends up getting ahead of herself and falling down. She's used to it, however, and doesn't fuss much unless she gets frustrated. We've noticed that she does get frustrated and it usually happens when she has a hard time doing something that she wants to do. For example, she has a fisher price piggy bank that has oversized coins that go in the slot and when she can't quite get the coin in the top she throws it down and storms off. We're not quite sure how to handle this one. We calmly try to encourage her not to give up and to keep trying but so far it hasn't worked. I, of course, like to think that her mind is too advanced for her own body to keep up with. In other words, she's a smarty. As I've said before, we have no expectations but to just enjoy watching her grow and change. We, with out a doubt, have our hands full and can only take this parenting thing one day at a time and to trust that, with God's guidance, we'll do our best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Jennifer & Wren,
I just wanted to let you both know how much I love reading your blogs, most of all I really enjoy hearing about Alea. She seems quite the character, Momma said she saw you all the other night, she was telling me the words she could say, especially PAPA. Thanks for it all.
Love, Judy & Robert
Post a Comment