Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Dainty Diva

Okay......so I was sitting in Alea's room with her the other day and as she was playing I was singing to her.  I sang a couple of notes and to my surprise Alea sang them back to me (one at a time).  I looked quickly over at her and she had a toy in her hands studying it very intently and not paying much attention to me, however, I sang another note............and she sang the pitch right back!  I immediately called my dad (a music minister) and asked him......"Is this possible?"  He said that it would probably be early but not impossible.  We've, of course, tried on several occasions to get her to do it again with limited success. I think the key to getting her to do it is catching her at a time when she's not paying attention or is tired.  This weekend, at the end of a long day at the lake, Alea's Mimi (Wren's mom) was holding her and sang a note.  After a few seconds and with droopy eyes, Alea repeated the note.  Mimi sang two or three different pitches with the same result, however, one low note just about had Alea stumped, but with a furrowed brow.....out came the note.  
Now, you must all be thinking I'm just a mom who is just hearing what she wants to hear, but I have witnesses and it's pretty amazing that my little girl is starting to sing.  It may be too early to get excited, but I may be able to soon give up the nightmare of being trapped in a car on a long road trip with an entire family singing off key.  If it turns out that she isn't a singer, well.......I'll love her anyway!!!

No comments: