Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend.

I've now celebrated my first mothers day.  It's still hard to believe that I have a daughter and that she is 9 months old.  Wren gave me a necklace with three pearls on the pendant to represent the three members of our little family.  I'm really enjoying being a mom and the older Alea gets the more fun it is.  She is starting to mimic people now and copies voice tones and syllables.  When she hands us a toy we say "thank you" to her, and when we hand it back she says "thah thah" in the same tone.  When we ask her "what sound does a dog make?" (we say "woof woof woof"), she says "uh uh uh".  We were talking to the church pianist after the service today and he was telling us a story using his hands to motion everything he was describing and Alea was looking at him intently and moving her arms and hands trying to copy him.  It's amazing to see the difference in her between last week and this week, she picks things up so quickly.  Alea has also been sleeping through the night for a while now.  When literature on baby sleep patterns talk about "sleeping through the night"  they usually mean 6 to 7 hours without waking up.  When I say she's sleeping through the night I mean 7:30 pm to 7:30 am without a peep.  I'm not sure if she wakes up and plays in her crib then goes back to sleep or if she really does sleep all the way through but either way, we don't hear from her until the next morning.  It's nice to finally NOT have to get up at 3:00 am to console her back to sleep.  We'll see if it lasts. : )
Yesterday Wren and I decided (at the last minute) go take Alea to have some professional pictures made.  Luckily we got an appointment and drove to Oklahoma city to meet his Mom, sister, brother in law and their two kids.  She took a couple of pictures with her cousins then some by herself.  I think these are some of the cutest pictures yet.  As soon as I receive the digital link to the photos I'll attach it to the blog.  In the mean time, I've posted a few everyday pictures for May. 

For our friends who are mom's.....Happy Mother's Day!!!

No comments: