Thursday, April 3, 2008
She's doing better!
We think Alea is finally out of the woods. Yesterday was rough as she was throwing up anything that had any consistency or flavor. I called her Doctor.....AGAIN (first time mom, I'm sure they're use to it) and at first he thought she should go to the hospital due to the lack of fluids in her and the risk of dehydration. He, then, suggested that I try giving her unflavored Pedialyte 1 tsp at a time every 10 minutes to see if she could keep it down. Fortunately it worked. It made for a long afternoon and evening of holding and rocking her but I was just glad to see her accepting it and getting a little color back in her face. Today is much better. We introduced her formula back to her at half strength at around 2:00 this morning and she kept it down. So far she has been able to tolerate her formula this way so we'll start giving her food at full strength later on today. On the positive side of it, I had 24 hours with a cuddly baby. Everyone who knows her knows how energetic she is and that with her, clingy and cuddly are two very different things. I don't like that it was under these circumstances that I got some snuggle time but I did cherish those moments yesterday with her resting quietly in my arms. She finally has a bit of a smile back on her face today and it makes me happy to see it. Maybe she'll be better and ready for her cousin Cora's first birthday (tea) party on Saturday. I can't believe how fast time has gone. Alea will be 8 months old on the 9th of April and this is her first real sickness since she's been with us. We are so glad she's feeling better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment