Hi Jennifer...thought you would enjoy hearing that the little squirrel you brought to me the other day is doing much better. He is eating for me and much to my surprise, is trying to use his damaged leg.
I took him in for x-rays and was so thankful to learn that the leg is NOT broken. He has soft tissue damage around the hip area (where you saw the blood). The power of prayer!!!!!
With lots of TLC he should recover and be able to be released along with his cage mates.
Thank you once again for taking the time out of your busy schedule to bring the little one to me...I am sooooo thankful for people like you who care as much as I do about God's little creatures.
Squirrel Hugs,
Stephanie
Hee hee.
Big Alea news.....
Alea FINALLY cut her first tooth and it's her lower left central incisor. It broke through the gums sometime in the middle of the night last Tuesday. She's been cranky and it's been hard to tell if it was due to her getting over her sickness or because the tooth was causing her a lot of discomfort. Maybe it was both but she was like a different baby on Wednesday morning. She was smiling and not NEARLY as needy as she's been the past few weeks. Thursday and today followed suit and so it seems she's back to her old self. Her appetite is returning, also, after a few weeks of small meals and some weight loss. I guess getting her teeth means I should start saving my money for the tooth fairy. While working in the dental field I heard lots of tooth fairy stories and over the years the price of a tooth has steadily increased. The last I heard the going rate was 5 dollars per incisor or cuspid and 10 dollars for a molar. What ever happened to the meager change that I use to anticipate finding under my pillow? By the time Alea loses her teeth we'll possibly be dipping into her college fund in order to supply the demand. I just hope I can be stealthier than my mom was when she was "the tooth fairy". I don't know if I have ever told her this but I discovered her putting change under my pillow one night and pretended to be asleep so I wouldn't hurt HER feelings. How backwards is that? All that to say, I really am looking forward to all of the fun times ahead helping to make lasting memories for my daughter.
1 comment:
You guys are so awesome! I have to admit that I laughed really hard at the squirrel story--probably because Lily was involved. But, it is very cool how it worked out. Way to go Jen!
Hope all is well. As usual, I really miss you guys.
Post a Comment